Download the books from the Marugoto and learn how to download books from Google books too!
If you are just starting out or want to use a reliable source to learn Japanese, the Japan Foundation has made your book available for free download.
Accessing the Japan Foundation website you will find many materials to support your journey to learn the Japanese language.
They have a lot of content, but there are some links that no longer work (article was published in 2013 that must be one of the reasons), but there is still a lot of content about Nihongo.
They answer the main questions about the FJSP's Marugoto Japanese Language Course.
The content that is offered to both teachers and students who are just learning the language.
The goal of the article is to make it available where you can download the Marugoto books that the Japan Foundation is currently offering for free.
What is Marugoto?
Marugoto is well known for the book, created by Japan Foundation, however it is also a portal/site that not only offers the possibility to learn from the book, but also has a lot of material and audio to support it.
You can either use the book or study through their website with all the material that is made available.
Marugoto Books Free Download
From what I've told you are being made available 7 Marugoto books for free download and they are:
- Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook for communicative language activities “Katsukoo”
- Japanese language and culture Starter A1 Coursebook for communicative language competences “Rikai”
- Japanese language and culture Elementary1 A2 Coursebook for communicative language activities “Katsudoo”
- Japanese language and culture Elementary1 A2 Coursebook for communicative language competences “Rikai”
- Japanese language and culture Elementary2 A2 Coursebook for communicative language activities “Katsudoo”
- Japanese language and culture Elementary2 A2 Coursebook for communicative language competences “Rikai”
- Japanese language and culture Pre-Intermediate A2/B1
To download books Click here.
If you want to see what they're offering, check out Hiro's video (Kotoba):
As Hiro said you can choose Katsukoo (Activities) or Rikai (understanding).
The problem is that in the video he comments that we can only add to our Google Books library (Google books). Wouldn't it be nice to download Marugoto's PDF books?
How to download books from Google books
if you want to have the book Marugoto in PDF it's a good option to use a program called google books downloader. To download the program Click here.
Its operation is very simple, in minutes you can download the book in PDF, JPEG or PNG format.
If you have problems running the application on Windows and it shows an error such as “runtime error at 8 217 format result longer than 4096 characters” access this link to see how to download by other alternatives.
Run the program and you will see a screen similar to the image below:
clicking on Start you already start downloading the book to the folder on your computer that you selected.
Did you find it difficult to perform this procedure? See the video I made right after showing a step by step:
Don't forget that Marugoto books are available for a limited time and I don't know when they will be taken down.
Did you like the tip? Don't forget to share!